Eligibility Contest entrants must be students currently enrolled in grade 9 – 12.
How to Enter
- Fill out the official entry form. Incomplete entry form will not be accepted.
- Create a digital presentation in English about the global issue topics provided.
- Video must be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Video must be submitted by November 20, 2016, 11:59 pm EST ( Toronto time ).
- Only one entry per topic is permitted.
- Video content guideline and file format are posted on our website. Check out here.
- Registration fee is CAD $25.
- 1 topic must be selected to qualify.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Payment must be made via Paypal payment gateway.
Video Submission Deadline
- Registration must be done before videos submission.
- Videos must be submitted by 11:59 pm EST (Toronto Time) November 20, 2016.
Video Content Policy
Impact Centre at The University of Toronto will not accept submissions that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone or abusive. Impact Centre reserves the right to refuse, edit or remove any of the following:
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening content.
- Serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations.
- Abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene or pornographic content.
- Content that encourages or suggests illegal activity.
- Announcements, solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any organizations or corporations.
- attempts to defame or defraud any individual, group or agency.
- Unintelligible or irrelevant content.
Intellectual property and Copyright
- The video submitted must be original work created by the contestant.
- The contestant has the sole ownership of the videos he or she submits.
- Impact Centre and her related affiliated organizers have the right to duplicate and use the submitted materials in any format for related events.
- Video submitted will not be returned to contestants before or after the event.
- Video submitted will be kept in our system for 7 years.